Introduction to Data Economy
This fully online MOOC course introduces you to the basics of using data to develop business operations. After this course, you will be able to:
- Explain why organizations need to apply data in decision making
- Explain where the data comes from and how it can be used (buying, selling, collecting data, big data from IoT, digital platforms and APIs, machine learning and AI vs. statistical methods)
- Identify the role of information in a value creation process
- Identify key business models enabled by digital data.
- List a few “no-code” ways of experimenting with data products to validate the business model
- Summarize how privacy regulations shape the data economy